Tips to Hiring a Property Manager in Sun City Center
As an investor, one of the most important decisions you will make is to choose the right property manager for your Sun City Center rental. A professional, experienced property manager can make the difference between a positive or negative cash flow.
Interview, Inquire, and Be Clear
1. Certified property managers. The National Association of Residential Property Managers can steer you in the right direction when seeking out certified property managers.
2. Property managers should be close. You’ll want a manager who has a hands-on approach and who is local enough to manage emergencies and conduct inspections.
3. Monthly Inspections. Not all property managers conduct monthly inspections. If you choose not to do monthly inspections, be sure they inspect the property quarterly.
4. How many properties do they manage? Can they handle another rental? It’s crucial for you to know that your property is a priority to them.
5. Technology. Do they use PropertyWare, Yardi, HERO, and Appfolio? These are a few of the leading software packages available. Oh, and be sure to check out their social media presence. It might give you a clue as to how they will market your rental.
6. Be clear about fees. Ask them for details about their fee structure. This can be a big complaint with landlords; the fees were not explained as they should have been in the interviewing process.
7. What is their screening process? This is no time to be shy. Ask them to be detailed about their screening process and if their willing to make modifications based on your preferences.
Are you a new real estate investor looking for some answers to your questions about a good property management company in Sun City Center? Curious about what’s on the market now? Get in touch with me and we can talk.